The cultural sites and professionals presented have chosen to join the Association "Sur le chemin de R.L. Stevenson" and are consequently our privileged partners.
To find other tourism, cultural and leisure professionals along or close to the trail, please contact the Tourist Offices and Departmental Tourism Committees along the GR70.
European Cultural Centre at Monastier-sur-Gazeille
Inside the European Cultural Complex you can see an interactive map, as well as a film, of the area. One room is dedicated to the Abbey Church's treasure and another to its monastic heritage. Don't miss our temporary exhibition!
Convent buildings and Abbey Château, place du Vallat
43150 Le Monastier-sur-Gazeille
Tel.: +33 (0)6 37 71 52 69
- Open every day from May to October
- Guided or unguided visit
- Adults: €3 / Children (10-18 years): €2 / Groups of 10 or more: €2 pp.
L’Œil de la Salamandre Museum of Popular Beliefs
Fairytales, legends, witchcraft, peasant medicine and other superstitions. Almost 300 figurines and 70 images explore and bring to life goblins, werewolves, white ladies and other witches…
Le Château 43150 Le Monastier-sur-Gazeille
Tel: +33 (0)6 07 04 56 44
Open every day except Mondays from 1 May to 30 September (and off-season for groups, by reservation only). Unguided visit. Adults : €5 / Children €3 (free for those under 1.20 m tall) / Groups of 12 or more: €3
Cycle-rail - Pays de Pradelles
Go rail-cycling on an old railway track between Pradelles and Langogne across the Devès volcanic plateau.
Tel.: +33 (0)4 71 00 87 46 or 04 71 57 88 00
Fax: +33 (0)4 71 57 88 01
- From 20 to 55€ per vehicle for 2 to 4 persons
- Group of 20 or more: €15 to €50
- 2km from the GR70
Enter the world of whool and water power...
Museum: La Filature des Calquières de Langogne – Wool and weaving museum
The Filature des Calquières is located in the one-thousand-year old small town of Langogne, on the banks of the Langouyrou. Enter this 19th century spinning mill, built alongside the canal whose waters power its large millwheel. Presenters unreel the thread oh history for you during an interactive, palyful and cultural visit.
New: our special effects attractions takes you on an adventure with Filasse and Bobine.
Tel.: +33 (0)4 66 69 25 56 or 06 38 81 66 84
- Contact us for seasonal opening days and hours. Your purchases from our gift shop will be sent to you on the date of your choice.
- Open year-round
- Visit with or without guide
- Adults: €8,5 / Hikers : €7 / Children: €5,5 (aged 3 to 12) / Groups of 15 or more: €6,5 pp
Mont Lozère / Cévennes National Park Museum
48220 Le Pont-de-Montvert
Tel.: +33 (0)4 66 45 80 73 or 06 60 31 46 40
- Open from 1 May to 1 November
- Guided or not guided visit
- Adults: €3,5 / Children: €2,5 (aged 6 to 12) / Groups: €2,5 from 10 persons. Free temporary exhibition and to the Cévennes National Park shop.
Parc national des Cévennes
The "Maison du Parc", located at the National Park's headquarters in Florac, offers you a personalised welcome for a tailormade exploration of the Cévennes National Park. Information, advice, bookshop/shop, tempory exhibitions and films on request.
6 bis, place du Palais
Tel. : +33 (0)4 66 49 53 00
Fax : +33 (0)4 66 49 53 02
- Open all year round (daily from Easter to All Saints’, and Monday to Friday from November to March)
- Free visit
- No entrance fee