The Association was established in 1994 with the objective of opening access to the Stevenson trail and, along with its partners, contributing to the development of the territories it crosses with respect for natural and cultural heritage.
- establishing a network of professionals under the "Relais Stevenson" label (accommodation, catering, restaurants, tour operators, donkey hire, transport services, cultural sites, guides and service providers) who work along or close to the Stevenson Trail, with a view to ensuring high quality services for walkers,
- accompanying walkers in preparing their trip (provision of practical information),
- promoting the Stevenson trail (trade fairs, press conferences, documentation, web site…),
- promoting the Trail's natural and cultural heritage,
- coordinating local projects and initiatives for the development of the trail.
The Association today represents a network of over 163 professional members:
- accommodation providers / restaurant
- hiking organisers
- baggage and person transporters
- donkey hire
Les Amis de Stevenson
Marie-Virginie Cambriels (43000 Le Puy-en-Velay), Dominique Rozière (30270 Saint-Jean-du-Gard), Michel Renard (Randonneurs Club Marcquois, 59910 Bondues), Ernst Jacob JABERG (CH-5412 Gebenstorf - Suisse),Tim Stevens (43490 Masclaux).