The Association was established in 1994 with the objective of opening access to the Stevenson trail and, along with its partners, contributing to the development of the territories it crosses with respect for natural and cultural heritage.
The key missions:
- establishing a network of professionals under the "Relais Stevenson" label (accommodation, catering, restaurants, tour operators, donkey hire, transport services, cultural sites, guides and service providers) who work along or close to the Stevenson Trail, with a view to ensuring high quality services for walkers,
- accompanying walkers in preparing their trip (provision of practical information),
- promoting the Stevenson trail (trade fairs, press conferences, documentation, web site…),
- promoting the Trail's natural and cultural heritage,
- coordinating local projects and initiatives for the development of the trail.
The Association today represents a network of over 163 professional members:
- accommodation providers / restaurant
- hiking organisers
- baggage and person transporters
- donkey hire
The Friends of Stevenson
Serge Bouhana (73260 Aigueblanche), Marie-Virginie Cambriels (43000 Le Puy-en-Velay), Janet Darne (43150 Le Monastier), Marie-Claire Dubusc (27230 Piencourt), Georges Filella (31360 Boussens), Gérard Fromager (43320 St Vidal), Odile Guigon (48000 Mende), Ginette Hascoët (48220 Pont de Montvert), Ernst Jacob JABERG (CH-5412 Gebenstorf - Suisse), Anne-Marie Launay (30270 St Jean du Gard), Alain Lecocq (26150 Die), Lejosne (....), Juliette Levejac (48370 St Germain de Calberte), Sophie Maneval (48150 Les Estables), Michel Maurin (38210 Vourey), Francis Pantel (48220 Pont de Montvert), Hubert Pfister (48110 St Martin de Lansuscle),Dominique Roziere (30270 St Jean du Gard), Carole Van Hamme (72110 Torcé en Vallée), Tim Stevens (43490 Masclaux), Michel Verdier (St Jean du Gard)